The AirDog®II, designed to operate at flows and pressures beyond the maximum requirements of the engine, receives fuel under vacuum from the fuel tank containing entrained air/vapor, particulate contaminates and unknown quantities of water. The fuel passes through the water separator which removes the large particulate contaminates that could damage or jam The gerotor fuel pump. The fuel, with only entrained air/vapor and tiny particulate contaminates remaining enters the fuel pump.
The fuel, under positive pressure flow, enters the fuel filter. As the fuel passes through the filter media and the remaining particulate contaminates are caught and contained, the entrained air/vapor is also separated. Through the POSITIVE FUEL AIR SEPARATION FEATURES of the PATENTED FUEL PREPORATOR® the separated air/vapor is discharged from the filter and back to the fuel tank through the Primary Air/Vapor Discharge Port.
The fuel passing through the filter media, free of contaminates & power robbing air/vapor and at pressures and flows always able to meet the needs of the engine, exits the fuel filter through two passageways. First, the fuel for the engine, passes into the fuel pickup tube and on to the engine. Then. the excess fuel not needed by the engine recycles internally through the pressure regulator back to the water separator.
AirDog II Fuel Air Separation System
- NEW Quick Connect! Drops installation time by 30-45 minutes!
- Removes Air/Vapor from Diesel Fuel
- Pure Diesel Fuel Reaching Engine
- High Flow Rates of Fuel to Engine
- Longer Injector Life
- Increased Injection Pump Life
- Increased Fuel Economy
- Optimized Engine Performance
- Increased Torque Output
- Improves Throttle Response
What is in the Box?
- Relay Control Wiring Harness
- Frame Brackets
- Installation Manual
- AirDog II Bracket and Spacer
- Plastic Ties
- Special Return Fitting for 6.0L and 6.4L
- 1/2 ID Fuel Line
- 1/4 ID Air/Vapor Return Line
- All Fuel Fittings Required
- Mounting Hardware
- 1/2 Draw Straw and Bulk Head Fitting (with AirDog 150's)